native threads

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Mon Apr 18 15:28:25 UTC 2005

On Monday 18 April 2005 7:56 am, C. David Shaffer wrote:
> Execute the first section of code above.  Wait until it is done (use the
> ProcessBrowser to confirm that the two processes are complete).

Of course, depending on what other processes you're running (like for instance
if you've told the ProcessBrowser to report on CPU usage), you may be
introducing a high-priority process that will change the scheduling.

> Print
> the second section to confirm that the size is 20000.  Print the third
> to see that the first process did not complete before it was preempted.

Again, this assumes that you've got a higher-priority process (typically we
have several of them, so it generally will work as described).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/