[ANN] new website for squeak.org in beta :)

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 18 16:28:01 UTC 2005

On April 18, 2005 04:08 am, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

<<snip>>

> 3. Regarding a Linux/Unix-download, I agree it would be nice to have.
> Since Unix/Linux is a very diverse platform, what should we then point
> to? One idea is to have a .tgz which is the current released src (3.7)
> and current released image/sources all in one. I am not sure if there is
> such a tgz today - but it would be trivial to make one. Other ideas? Of
> course, we could offer two links - both rpms and debs and that would
> catch most of the "Linux users".

I downloaded Linux rpms from

http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/unix/

Not sure if this is an "official" site for Linux Squeak downloads (by decree
or by agreement) - fwiw the rpms there work on SuSE 8.2 for me... debs are
there as well. (In any case it's nice to have a major company to dedicate
some sort of resources, at least appears to)

Milan