Clusters, grids and Squeak

Bruce O'Neel edoneel at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Apr 20 12:56:01 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 09:04:45PM +1200, Michael van der Gulik wrote:

> Be carefull not to modify any code from any of those headless instances
> - the squeak.sources file will end up corrupted. There is no
> multi-threaded protection on it. (I learned this the hard way.)

I would expect the .sources file to be read/only.  The .changes file
on the other hand gets quite messed up when you have multiple
instances pounding on the same .changes file.  For my use I don't
care but others might.  Once I put a squeak image/changes into
production and it starts running across my "cluster" of machines
the .changes file is basically just hash.

cheers

bruce

edoneel at sdf.lonestar.org