OmniBase and Commits

Daniel Salama dsalama at user.net
Tue Apr 26 17:23:30 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to test uploading several thousand objects into an OmniBase
db and I'm trying to figure out how to commit every 100th object. Can
anyone shed some light into this? Every time I try something, it must
be surrounded by a transaction, so I can't figure out how to do it.

I have stored a LinkedList to a root element. I have something similar
to this:

txn := db newTransaction.
1 to: 1000 do: [:i|
base := txn root at: 'linkedlist'.
base add: anObject.
(i \\ 100) = 0 ifTrue: [ txn commit. txn := db newTransaction]]

But this doesn't seem to work. Please help.

Thanks,
Daniel