Unmatching methods/calls.

Tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Apr 26 18:19:08 UTC 2005

Cees De Groot <cdegroot at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/26/05, François THIMON <thimof at iutc3.unicaen.fr> wrote:
> > Something really annoying in squeak is you often find invokations of methods
> > that don't exist.
>
> Something really annoying on mailing lists is when newbies don't read
> the many free books that are available and start asking questions they
> could have solved themselves with just a tiny bit of work.

Without commenting on the particulars, we could probably do ourselves a favour
by making sure that some of those books are prominently pointed to in
- the help files included with platform distributions
- the welcome to... window
- whatever 'welcome to the squeak mailing list' message might exist
- the almost-front age of the website.

... and of course we'd need to make sure that the first one in the list is a
good up to date beginner's guide. Otherwise we're just being mean in pointing
people to something out of date.

tim
"How many Motie Mediators does it take to chage a lightbulb?" "Are you insane?
Only Crazy Eddie would want to change *anything*!"