tracking down change sets for a class

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Fri Apr 29 23:53:02 UTC 2005

I'm considering the best approach to migrating an image and application
which are at 3.6.  I thought it would be useful to review relevant
changesets, especially the pre and post code that handles migration (I
guess such code could also be embedded in doIt's).

I am not having much luck.  I'd like a "see all changesets with class
X" (or see all entries relating to the class), but the closest I've
found to that is to find a method in the class, browser versions, and go
to the changeset.  (I think I used those other, desired, functions in
VisualWorks.  Maybe squeak doesn't have them.).

The problem is that in some cases there is no changeset.  For example,
between 3.6 and 3.7 ScrollPane acquired horizontal scrollbars.  But even
using a 3.7 image and looking at methods involving them (#hMargin) it
tells me it can't find a change set.

Earlier postings on the list indicated that sometimes the changesets are
dropped, but this is a change that's very recent, relative to 3.7 (i.e.,
it first appeared in 3.7).

Narrowly, I'd appreciate any help tracking down the changeset(s).

More broadly, I'd appreciate any advice on migration.  I'm in a
particular bind because of the introduction of DateTime in 3.7, which
required lots of instance mutations, renaming, etc.  I have already
introduced those changes into my image--but in slightly different form
(I created new classes with names like DTDate to avoid messing with the
standard ones.  In contrast, the official change stream does mess with
them).

Thanks.
Ross Boylan