IMPORTANT: Re: The future for the Squeak Foundation Virtual Server

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 15:53:29 UTC 2005

On 4/30/05, Alan Grimes <alangrimes at starpower.net> wrote:
> I'm not exactly sure what the arrangement is here but I consider the AMD
> AthlonXP to be obsolescent technology at this date.

Errr... Alan - this is a package deal, no choices wrt hardware. Oh,
and I don't believe in this obscolesence thing, either. We're still
happily running The InternetOne on a rack full of 700Mhz to 1GHz PIII
processors with Ultra160 SCSI drives. Quite obsolete, not?

Are you seriously defending *buying* our own hardware? Because I'm
firmly against that - if a drive breaks, someone needs to deplete the
cash stock, go to the store, buy a new drive, go to the datacenter,
.... etcetera.