LookEnhancements enhancement

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Wed Aug 3 18:45:22 UTC 2005

> So if you really see Squeak as an OS, a view I share, what's it going to
> take to get multiple monitor support so full screen is actually full
> screen and I'm not stuck on one screen with windows on the other?  I'm
> guessing that's in the VM and is a much bigger task than just a look
> enhancement, just curious?

Yes, I run two monitors too.
(and two CPUs...)
The "Host Window" plugin appears to attempt to address that issue but
I've looked at it and it's a horrible horrible kludge... =(

The underlying video driver and image side Display object appear to be a
few whits away from being able to be instantiated multiple times...

I'll look at the issue myself when the VM stabalizes to the point where
I'm able to build it again....

Unfortunately, the underlying operating system doesn't allow one to
treat Squeak as a service that can provide UI's to any number of console
devices. =(

--
Friends don't let friends use GCC 3.4.4
GCC 3.3.6 produces code that's twice as fast on x86!

Non-sequiter item: Charelston, South Carolina