LookEnhancements enhancement

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 17:19:27 UTC 2005

> The actual mail that lead to this discussion was from Philippe whose
> intention was to give feedback and suggestions to further improve
> LookEnhancements. Unfortunately, and I think that's almost a pattern
> in this community, this lead to a  discussion which is not
> constructive. It can be interesting to argue about those things of
> course, but often it does not get us forward. It would have been
> helpful to either argue for or against why the "o" icon of Squeak is
> more intuitive than for example the "-" of OS X and make real
> suggestions how to improve the current look.
> So, anybody having good ideas for the windows icons, or is the
> current situation just that good that we can't improve?

I'm guilty of non-constructiveness in my prior rant.  Sorry everybody.

I have a question about the window icons.  For the "inverteBright" feature, I
tried to create inverted copies (i.e., white) of the window icons but was only
successful with one of them, the close-box icon.

DisplayMedium>>#reverse didn't seem to work, nor did mapColor: Color black to:
Color white for the others.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the depth?  I just don't know; even
with depth 2 it seems like it should work.

If we do change the icons, can anything be done to allow them be inverted when
inverteBright is selected?

I actually haven't heard one feedback about inverteBright.  What does anyone
think?  I like it, but is this something that anyone else cares about?