LookEnhancements enhancement

John Pierce john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 21:05:57 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've checked in version 45 of LookEnhancements. In this release window
borders have been put on a diet shedding 1/3 of their width. I thought about
making it a preference, but I kind of like the thinner borders the more I
look at them. If there is anyone that really wants thicker borders (we are
talking 4 pixels vs. the former 6 pixels) then let me know. It would be real
easy to make a preference, but I kind of don't like lots of preferences if
no one particularly cares.

Anyways, enjoy.

John

PS - If thinner borders is amenable to all then I will post this update on
SqueakMap as the latest edition.

PSS - I worry that thinner borders and resize regions works directly against
Fitts Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitts'_law) making resizing windows
/ panes take longer for the user to complete. Thoughts from the community?.