LookEnhancements enhancement

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Wed Aug 10 21:23:17 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've backported a short example of WindowFrameMorph from the SqueakWorld
Tour image.

Install the attached mcz and run "FrameWindow open". You can resize
the window on any side. It also adds the correct cursors to Squeak. Maybe
the code is
somehow usefull for the LookEnhancements package.

I would like to thank John Pierce for his efforts in improving the Squeak
UI.

But I would not vote for a general inclusion of this particular package
into the base image since it just supports a single theme which may not be
accepted
by anyone. Others may like to have the Aqua or Skylark look from Pavel, ....

There are also more flexible frameworks like Zurgle from Jim Benson or Steve
Wessels Skins package (http://squeak.preeminent.org/) allowing you to have
different themes...

On the other side LookEnhancement is better than the current UI and
I doubt that it will be possible to create a clean and flexible UI framework
with theme support, professional widgets and a UI builder in the next
months...

Bye
Torsten