planet squeak

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Aug 11 20:14:13 UTC 2005

Hi all. After a stimulating lastug meeting (LA user's group) I've been
cleaning up urls and content at http://squeak.joyful.com , and went
looking for something like planet.debian.org for Squeak.

"planet" sites are RSS feed aggregators. RSS is like a universal api to
web updates of all kinds. I found planetsmalltalk.org, and found it hard
to read (the maintainer is working on it). There has been no general RSS
aggregator for squeak and it's been hard to get a complete picture of
what's going on.

So I've set up an experimental "planet" site  for squeak. Actually 3, at
the moment. They are here:

http://squeak.joyful.com/planetsqueak
http://squeak.joyful.com/planetsqueak2
http://squeak.joyful.com/planetsqueakarchive

The first is squeaker/tweaker/croqueteer blogs that I know of, including
all the squeakpeople diaries, but only the english ones at the moment.
The second is for feeds which are less high signal but still
interesting, such as squeaksource and del.icio.us bookmarking activity
(I had to remove the squeak list due to formatting problems).

The third is like the first but shows all available content, going back
to 2003. I find it the most interesting view, showing a great deal of
activity in one place, but it's about 1Mb to download.

Anyway, that's where it's at right now. Let me know if you find these
useful, have suggestions, etc.

-Simon