KomHttpServer questions

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Aug 14 07:44:29 UTC 2005

Simon Michael puso en su mail :

> are the Services-Base, etc. packages anything to do with KomServices ?
>
> on some mail list, stephen pair recommends
> (Service serviceNamed: 'httpd') stop
> to stop it, but I dont have a Service class. Where is that ?
>
> also I'm looking for the starbrowser support for comanche. I can't see
> "add service" in my SB context menu.
>
> I have the following installed (and a bunch more):
>
> DynamicBindings (1.2)
> KomHttpServer (7.0.2)
> KomServices (1.1.1)
> StarBrowser ((5))
>
> Thanks,
> -Simon
Simon, when image change to 3.8, some of StarBrowser was lost in the
process.
Also exist undocumented updates for StarBrowser.
A while ago I have the same problem and should be some archeological
research in CD for find how I resolve this.
Service is a class variable and not a class
Service services should inform you about what is running.
In my SqueakSmallBlog.image (what runs my blog)
 a Set(seaside [running] port: 9000)

The comment of TcpListener is wrong in several images (I don't know if new
have this corrected)
| count listener |
    count _ 0.
    listener _ ComancheListener  "here should have TcpListener "
        on: 8123
        handler:
            [ :socket |
            count _ count + 1.
            Transcript show: socket getData.
            socket closeAndDestroy].
    listener forkAndListenWhile: [count < 5].

If you like StarBrowser, what unfortunately seems lack of maintenance now, I
recommend try Tamaris 2.0 for a new way of dealing with Squeak.
I don't have Tamaris and Seaside or HttpView or Kom in the same image now,
but think you could do the equivalent of this in StarBrowser.

Very bad the 100k limit of list don't let attach the picture of running
setup

Edgar