[ANN] 3.9alpha6680

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Aug 17 14:41:28 UTC 2005

Am 17.08.2005 um 16:32 schrieb Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene:

> Marcus Denker puso en su mail :
>

>> The zip file was not supposed to contain *any* mcz files (just image
>> and changes).
>> I will check that.
>>
>> For loading from source.squeakfoundation.org, we will use monticello
>> diffs in the future,
>> but this is not yet working from the server side.
>>
>>     Marcus
>>
> Marcus:
> I know this.
> When I try download the zip fail,

It should not fail. Please note that ftp.squeak.org uses http, not
ftp as
a protocol, regardless of the name.

> so follow procedure as described. (About 3
> hours  of process ).

Which description about what are you following? please be more specific.

> And I talking about iSqueak repositories.

And I am about 3.9alpha, so maybe we are talking about completely
different
things?

> And I using all this on SqueakLight , what in 6 mb have Monticello and
> Monticello repositories developed for iSqueak, plus AppleScript
> support for
> using all OS X , regular apps and Unix, what I wish from inside
> Squeak.
> I have a scheme for dealing with .sqz files and when I finish the
> 3.8 based
> version (is 3.7 plus some masters steal code) try to see how
> Monticello
> could manage this.

I do not use iSqueak, so I can't comment on that. But as much as I know,
the Impara repository is building up mc diffs on the server side and
cashes
those, so updating should be quite fast. We will soon have this in
the squeak3.9
setup, too, but some bugs need to be fixed before this works.

I should add: source.squeakfoundation.org is down right know, so
downloading
the zip is the only option to get 3.9a. Another thing is that because
we don't
do diffs right know, updating from the reposotory will result in huge
files
to be dowloaded and be very slow, so this should be avoided right now.

      Marcus