[ANN] 3.9alpha6680

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Aug 19 09:24:28 UTC 2005

Chris Muller puso en su mail :

> Do not blame the "image", though.  The problem is the difficulty to "mold" the
> image at will.  Monticello offers only basic Package-level molding and no
> support for the essential convergence of objects and code.  The monolithic
> image wonderfully supports this (convergence), but is not stopping Monticello
> (and others) from handling the real problem better.
I saying what image approach is wonderful and the reason of Smalltalk
beauty.
Never cross my mind "blame" the image

> The real problem being the need to integrate the functionality of multiple
> systems.  "Functionality" means code and objects, not just code.
It's very clear for me, that is the reason I using .sqz for fileIn and
fileOut, as this are ImageSegments format

> Therefore, IMO, the underlying problem to solve is "ability-to-integrate", not
> "unify-the-core".  The future will require, and have I'm sure, much better
> tools than we have now..
I agree, don't have time yesterday to see how Kabungu deals with the
dependences business.

And many people are working on different views and approach , so  you do a
sure bet ;-)

Cheers

Edgar