Anyone interested in game development with Squeak?

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Sat Aug 20 01:29:20 UTC 2005

Danny Grein wrote:

>Hi, sorry if this isnt the right place to post this kind of question, but
>this was the only one Squeak list that I have found.
>
>Im a game developer and a experienced (10yrs) programmer. Im learning
>Smalltalk and Squeak, and as learning process I have an idea to develop a
>client for Ultima Online game. Its well documented protocol and have tons of
>public forums.
>
>If is there anyone interested in learning with this project, or help who
>want learn, please contact me so we can talk about this.

Hi Danny,

We develop audio for games, but I haven't come across anyone doing games
on Smalltalk. We are developing tools in squeak and I use it for
prototyping. But, beyond that, I truly think it's a wonderful platform
to develop on.

I'd be glad to offer any help that I can. I'm primarily skilled in
realtime audio and the creation of music and sound effects, not a games
programmer. But, Don (the other founder of our company) was a producer
as well as a composer and sound designer.

Is this a job for your company or yourself. Where do you work?

It'll be interesting to see others response to your questions..

brad

--
Brad Fuller
(408) 799-6124