MouseOver in Linux

Hernan Tylim htylim at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Aug 20 14:47:00 UTC 2005

Hi Damien,

The preference #mouseOverForKeyboardFocus only control that when a pane
has the mouse leaving  it will surrender (or not) its focus. This
preference does nothing with the acquiring of the focus so each pane can
do whatever they want with that.

Unfortunately this means that even when the preference is false if your
mouse goes to another pane, then you will lose focus. That is because
all panes (PluggableText, PluggableList, at least)  automatically grab
focus on #mouseEnter.

So. What is this preference purpose then ? This preference just control
that, when true, you can remove the focus of any morph by moving the
mouse away from its area. If false it wont, unless you just happen to
move it over one of the Pluggable.... morph

Long time ago, when I had free time. I made a couple of .cs to do
exactly what you want and, I think, they are on Squeakmap. If not they
are also here: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2959. For what you
want you will need these two: clickForKbrdFocus-hpt.cs  and
passWindowActivacionClick.cs

Regards,
Hernán