sourcecode-management

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Sun Aug 21 19:36:20 UTC 2005

Hmm.. none of these really make sense, though, in terms of really
putting things properly into SVN.  This is mostly because Monticello
uses a new filename for each revision (well, it doesn't technically have
to but things would be confusing if you didn't) while SVN stores
multiple revisions of the same filename.

You might be able to make one of these work if all you want is for the
data to be stored in an svn repository in *some fashion* but I don't
really see the point in having hundreds of files in a svn repos, all
with only one revision, no history, and no commit logs.  <shrug>

Last I tried, mounting an svn repos into the filesystem would allow you
to read the files but didn't properly allow you to commit (at least with
any of the DAV clients I tried).  I think none of them actually use
revisions, they just try to lock and change the file.  Perhaps this has
changed though... if so, you could certainly used MCCVS combined with
mounting a repos to at least avoid having to manually commit.  No log
messages that way though.

Julian

--
   Julian Fitzell  --  Beta4 Productions