sourcecode-management

Brent Pinkney brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za
Mon Aug 22 06:53:59 UTC 2005

> Given that both squeak and SVN are open source, enough interest would
> allow some coding to solve the problem.

Enough time is required too :)

> If, for example, a backend (frontend?) for svn were created that
> presented the filename as filename.versionnumber.c then I presume that
> some negotiation could be done between MC  & SVN. Perhaps this would be
> a simpler option than messing with the workings of MC.

I have the SVN manual next to me. We have toyed with modelling a MC
archive as a directory of files in SVN.

The file name of the MC, sans auhtor initials and version number maps to a
SVN directory. The files in the MC are stored in the SVN directory.

Versioning information is handled by SVN.

We would then suggest a Squeak component which could interact with the SVN
client library to compose the list of available versions and commit new
versions.

It is currently at the handwaving stage, comments welcomed.

Brent