OB/RB/Services

Romain Robbes romain.robbes at lu.unisi.ch
Tue Aug 23 20:52:14 UTC 2005

Hi Daniel,

On Aug 23, 2005, at 8:35 PM, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> Robbes Romain's Services set of packages used to put the RB menus
> in the OB browser. This no longer works, apparently since some
> changes in the OB. Has anyone worked on this? I'm willing to, since
> I need it.

I am currently finalizing a new version of Services, so I'll work on
OmniBrowser again after this release.

> A specific question:
>
> The Service framework provide categorized services anyone can use.
> OB allows one to configure a browser to ones needs. I have one
> extra degree of freedom there - should I tailor my own version of
> the browser to include those items, or just make all code browsers
> include relevant categories?

The way I did it was to create a new browser, has I was reluctant to
override a lot of methods in OB
(Specifically I only added some special actors to nodes, but without
modifying existing methods)
I have to check with the new version of OmniBrowser how I would do it
now, as I understood it changed
quite a lot since this version (which was 1.0b1 I think))

> If you're working in/interested in this space, let's talk about it.

Well, I definitely am ;-)

Cheers,
     Romain