Tamaris Problem

Daniel Salama dsalama at user.net
Wed Aug 24 01:55:10 UTC 2005

I'm running Squeak Image 3.8-6665full with VM from John McIntosh
(Squeak 3.8.8beta11) for Mac OS. I downloaded Tamaris-2.1c.sar from
Tamaris' website and loaded it into the fresh image.

The problem I have is that every time I try hitting the yellow mouse
button on the taxonomy I get the following:

TamBrowser(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #taxonomyBrowser
     Receiver: a TamBrowser
     Arguments and temporary variables:
         aMessage:     taxonomyBrowser
     Receiver's instance variables:
         dependents:     #(a TamBrowserHistoryList a TamSubWindow
(3030) a TamSubWindow(2138)...etc...
         currentSelection:     nil
         myBrowser:     nil
         mainWindow:     nil
         topFrame:     a TamSubWindow(3030)
         rootWrapper:     a TamListItemWrapper
         listBtnRow:     an AlignmentMorph(1404)
         listBtnRowHeight:     29
         listButtons:     a TamButtonsAlignmentMorph(1192)
         listMorph:     a TamHierarchicalListMorph(135)
         editorRow:     a TamSubWindow(855)
         manager:     a TamManager
         history:     a TamBrowserHistoryList
         editorsIndex:     an IdentityDictionary()
         localWorkspaceHolder:     a TamStringHolder
         localWorkspaceHeight:     48
         localWorkspacePaneMorph:     a PluggableTextMorph(3166)
         localWorkspacePaneContents:     ''
         specificButtonsAlignment:     a TamButtonsAlignmentMorph(1077)
         worldButtons:     a TamButtonsAlignmentMorph(2998)
         globalRecentsInput:     nil
         recentsRow:     a TamButtonsAlignmentMorph(2874)

TamRootTaxonReference(TamTaxonReference)>>specificMenu:shifted:
     Receiver: [<tamaris-internal>]
     Arguments and temporary variables:
         menu:     a MenuMorph(3665)
         b:     false
         menuAddReference:     nil
     Receiver's instance variables:
         owner:     nil
         listLabel:     '<tamaris-internal>'
         updateFlag:     true
         localWorkspacePaneContents:     ''
         subLists:     nil
         showSubLists:     #ifNotEmpty
         contents:     an OrderedCollection([<tamaris-internal>/
<smart-taxon-sources>])
         managerItem:     a TamManagerItem

TamRootTaxonReference(TamListItemReference)>>menu:shifted:
     Receiver: [<tamaris-internal>]
     Arguments and temporary variables:
         aMenu:     a MenuMorph(3665)
         b:     false
         oldTarget:     nil
     Receiver's instance variables:
         owner:     nil
         listLabel:     '<tamaris-internal>'
         updateFlag:     true
         localWorkspacePaneContents:     ''
         subLists:     nil
         showSubLists:     #ifNotEmpty
         contents:     an OrderedCollection([<tamaris-internal>/
<smart-taxon-sources>])
         managerItem:     a TamManagerItem

TamListItemWrapper>>menu:shifted:
     Receiver: a TamListItemWrapper
     Arguments and temporary variables:
         aMenu:     a MenuMorph(3665)
         b:     false
     Receiver's instance variables:
         item:     [<tamaris-internal>]
         model:     nil

--- The full stack ---
TamBrowser(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #taxonomyBrowser
TamRootTaxonReference(TamTaxonReference)>>specificMenu:shifted:
TamRootTaxonReference(TamListItemReference)>>menu:shifted:
TamListItemWrapper>>menu:shifted:
TamBrowser>>menu:shifted:
TamHierarchicalListMorph(ScrollPane)>>getMenu:
TamHierarchicalListMorph(ScrollPane)>>yellowButtonActivity:
TamHierarchicalListMorph(SimpleHierarchicalListMorph)>>mouseDown:
TamHierarchicalListMorph(Morph)>>handleMouseDown:
MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
TamHierarchicalListMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
TamHierarchicalListMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
TamSubWindow(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
TamSubWindow(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
TamSubWindow(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
TamSubWindow(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
TamSubWindow(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
TamSubWindow(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
SystemWindow(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
...etc...

Any ideas why this is happening? At first, I thought my image was
corrupt, so I downloaded a fresh copy with nothing else and simply
loaded Tamaris.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Daniel