Keeping a Safe, Clean, and Current Development Environment

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Aug 24 09:05:56 UTC 2005

Daniel:

I guess each Squeaker have a different solution, so I share mine.

Each .image in use is what you download from official servers , plus
favorite packages plus your own code, you end with a sm directory and a
package-cache directory into the directory what have your working .image.

So, until the packages used change for new version .image, you know what the
too.

See http://saltypickle.com/Home/10 and study the John Pierce Configure
Script, changing what you don't use and adding your own code.

Run this first in your new .image, chances are you are in business, but keep
all packages what you use up to day for increasing stability.

Hope this help you.

Edgar

PS And if you travel and don't have Internet connection, I have tricks to
fool sm and load code from sm directory in your disk