Keeping a Safe, Clean, and Current Development Environment

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Aug 24 18:20:01 UTC 2005

Daniel Salama puso en su mail :

> Edgar,
>
> BTW, I was playing with the scripts on http://saltypickle.com/Home/10
> and have a couple of questions that maybe you or someone else can
> help me.
>
> Below is a snippet of the script:
>
> installer install.
> %
> "SQUEAK MAP PACKAGES TO INSTALL"
> #((MCInstaller 5)
> (DynamicBindings 2)
> (KomServices 3)
> (KomHttpServer 4)
> (KeyBinder 3)
>
> What do the numbers after the package names mean? Is it a release/
> version number?
>
> Also, wouldn't mind hearing what you have to say about mobility
> issues and internet connection that you mentioned.
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel
Yes, this was version numbers.
I have CableModem now, but in past I suffer of unreliable and expensive
dial-up.
So I attach my solution
File in the .cs and do in a workspace
SMLoader newWhitoutNet
You could have access to last saved map.
If you have the 3.7 CD, http://www.squeak-ev.de/Download/Squeak-CD/ ,you
have all packages for 3.7 in that disk, copy the complete sm directory on
your hard disk and no need of Internet connection,
Use the browse cache option of SM and install the package.
You must modify the John script for using packages on your disk.
In Squeak exist a way of recording actions , but I not having time to
use/test it, sure someone could say how.

Send mail to Markus Denker begging he publish soon the 3.8 CD version -:)

Edgar