About community exposure

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 20:36:44 UTC 2005

On Aug 25, 2005, at 1:23 PM, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> Jecel Assumpcao Jr a écrit :
>
>> Serge Stinckwich wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe SqueakFoundation or ESUG could provide free hosting for
>>> blogs based on Seaside and SmallBlog ?
>>>
>> What would these offer that the diaries at
>> http://people.squeakfoundation.org don't? Note that several of
>> these are
>> already included with other blogs at http://planet.smalltalk.org
>> and all
>> of them are included in http://squeak.joyful.com/planetsqueak
>>

> The idea is to make more advertisement to Squeak and Seaside with a
> SmallBlog hosting.

Although I can see that argument, I agree with Jecel - what's written
in the blogs will be much better advertisement than what technology
the blogs are hosted on (as an example, the Signals vs. Noise blog at
37signals.com, who own the Ruby on Rails framework, runs on PHP).
We've already got good infrastructure in people.squeakfoundation.org,
let's use it.

Avi