[Q] Speed comparison 2.8 vs 3.8

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Fri Aug 26 07:24:05 UTC 2005

tim Rowledge wrote:
> Honestly, I don't know how much could be done; messing with morphic has
> not been my thing. I do strongly suspect that someone that knows plenty
> about morphic lower levels would be able to make a lot of cleanups. In
> my experience cleanups can make for very good performance improvements,
> so I'm hopeful. However I have to say that a lot of code in the image
> has become so staggeringly baroque, convoluted and mangulated that I
> have trouble imagining cleanups without massive work. Does anyone have
> the experience, interest and time to do it?

I have interest and time for this. my experience, however, is much more
about programming with morphic than dealing with its internals.

so if someone could give me some pointers about the overall display
engine structure and spots where to start looking at for improvement, I
am willing to give it a try... I cannot promise any result though :)

Stef