[Q] Speed comparison 2.8 vs 3.8

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 10:05:43 UTC 2005

On 8/25/05, Günther Schmidt <gue.schmidt at web.de> wrote:
> I've been thinking of switching from Dolphin to Squeak for a couple of
> reasons, Morphic in particular, because I just can't see how you could
> do the things you can do in Morphic as easily in Dolphin.

I wouldn't work from the assumption that Morphic will be cleaned up
any time soon. Just the mere project of packaging Morphic has turned
out to be a formidable task, and that's without even looking at what
the code does :-).

Of course, you can ignore Morphic alltogether if your target platform
is one of Mac/Win/Linux - modulo some quirks (but a whole lot less
quirks than you'd encounter in Morphic), we found wxSqueak quite
suitable for production work.