[Q] Speed comparison 2.8 vs 3.8

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Aug 27 08:44:19 UTC 2005

Am 27.08.2005 um 10:05 schrieb stéphane ducasse:

> Hi andreas
>
> Thanks for proposing your help.
>
> at esug with ported all the packages to 3.9alpha, checking all the
> conflicts. There was nothing serious.
> Now apparently this is just an order in the configuration files
> that messed up something. I do not know exactly what since
> marcus did it. So for now it does not seem a big problem just a
> pure lack of time... (papers, lectures, new job :)).

Yes, no problem with ToolBuilder. The alternate syntax cleanup needed
some shuffling of the load-order to load. This now
seems to work, but the resulting update 6681 strangely did not update
three packages, so I want to re-build it and test it
a bit before making it available. And now source.squeakfoundation.org
is down...

> Once the toolbuilder is in 3.9a I guess that we will call for help
> to migrate code to the *Plus (for the unfamiliar widget rewrite
> that use ToolBuilder framework) classes because some of the classes
> wtih Plus have less functionality and we could get rid of
> having double class ie inspector inspectorPlus.

The next steps will be:

  -> puplish 6681
  -> Merge ToolBuilder (just 24 conflicting method for both
changesets, no problem to do)
  -> pushlish as 6682
  -> Merge LookEnhancemetns
  -> pushlish as 6683

After that, the MorphicSplitters team hat the ball to merge in their
work, and I'd like to have
the toolrefactoring in, too.

        Marcus