[ANN] New Version of Audio and Video library available

Martin Kuball martinkuball at web.de
Sun Aug 28 19:03:24 UTC 2005

Hi!

It's been a while since the last release. But I didn't have as much
time recently as I would like to. So progress is very small. But
progress there is.

The new release is available from SqueakSource at kilana.unibe.ch. It
has a lot of bug fixes and some improvements. The latter beeing
mainly mp3 related. The lib is now able to read the side info in an
mp3 frame. This can be used to split streams that use the
bitreservoir. There is no example code, yet. But I used this feature
in a filter to remove frames at the beginning of a stream. Check it
out.

I hope to do be able to do a little bit more in the next weeks. Among
other I plan to add more unit tests, example code and classes to edit
id tags in mp3 files. After that I want to add another container
format (maybe matroska) and more stream formats (mpeg 1+2 video and
aac audio).

Martin