[Q] Speed comparison 2.8 vs 3.8

Eddie Cottongim cottonsqueak at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 31 01:28:36 UTC 2005

It seems to have solved the big paragraph problem. It is very smooth
now, appears to be as good as 3.7.

As for the browser test (which doesn't have much to do with this, no
really big paragraphs, but I tried anyway) 3.8-6665 gets around a 10%
improvement. 3.9a-6681 gets a smaller improvement, around 1% (less than
the margin of error but it did seem to be repeatable). It might be
because the default preferences are different, or because the other
speed improvements in 3.9a cause this code to be exercised less. In
either case its an improvement.

Sounds very promising!

Thanks,
Eddie