Squeak and its Wikis

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 20:37:03 UTC 2005

> Unluckily the last two didn't install with the can't find EOCD error and:

That's probably a problem of SqueakMap, I had it too several times today.

> I'm a bit nervous with Pier as an Application that stores data
> without a serialization possibility.

Pier has got a built in prevalence like persistency mechanism
(snapshot and logging). Keep in mind that Pier is in an early alpha
stage, right now I am experimenting with the persistency framework
within the image to see how it might work.

The real persistency back-ends will come later. There are plenty of
possibilities: reference streams, image segments, xml serialization
(this will be all very simple and probably the default), goods,
omnibase, magma (object databases could also be a possibility, but
there might be some problems doing the snapshots),
relational-databases (yeah, that should also be possible, but first i
need someone making magritte sql-aware), ...

> And it does not have the "Links to
> this page" tool which I really like from minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak.

Of course Pier has this, you just have to add PRReferencesWidget to
your environment.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli