What does Squeak application development look like?

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Thu Dec 8 19:23:24 UTC 2005

Herbert König wrote:
> Every now and then I file all sourcecode into a fresh image to make
> sure that I didn't do something that depends on my interactively
> creating some objects. I don't think this is necessary and still is a
> relic from having to be able to compile some source and start a
> program with a well defined entry point.

in my experience it is a very useful step. Preferences settings may be
set differently from the defaults; class initializations may not have
happened in the same way as they happen when the code is loaded at once,
external methods the code rely on may actually come from a package which
is not part of a base distribution, etc. there are many subtle ways in
which a working image is different from a clean one and I quite often
got bitten by them when deploying my app.

Stef