What does Squeak application development look like?

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Fri Dec 9 10:08:54 UTC 2005

Am 09.12.2005 um 05:57 schrieb Keith R. Fieldhouse:

> As an aside, how to people move their images around?   I have
> several different machines that I do development at.  By checking
> my work in when I'm done at a given machine, a simple "svn update"
> at a different machine and I'm ready to continue work.    It occurs
> to me that I could check in my images "changes" file to a central
> server (svn or other) and simply fetch that changes file when I
> move to a different seat.  Does that make sense?  How do other
> folks do this?

I do not move images around. I check in using Monticello, and check
out at another machine in a different image. Just like with SVN (in
fact, we're using SVN to version everything except code).

The images on the various machines usually are different, have
different packages loaded, different update levels etc. That way it's
easier to spot version-dependent problems.

- Bert -