[ANN] SqueakSource Server image

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 12:57:09 UTC 2005

> One way to unite the different needs would be site-wide options. For
> example, on our server (as on the SqF installation), we can not allow
> everyone to create new projects. In contrast, a community server
> would allow everyone to do so. So if there was an option to allow
> both behaviors, we could have a single code base. Same applies to who
> is allowed to delete versions, should non-public projects still be
> visible etc. pp.

Yeah, it would be best if you could store that in an external
XML-configuration file.
Just kidding ;-)

What we often have is a Settings class and dispatch to that. Example.

SSSettings class >> #allowAnyoneToCreateNewProcjects
    ^false

We could go further and include stuff like , #imparaLogo,
#squeakSourceLogo, #squeakFoundationLogo, ....

SSSettings class >> #formLogo
    ^self squeakFoundationLogo

the same for style