What does Squeak application development look like?

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Fri Dec 9 23:17:59 UTC 2005

Brad Fuller wrote:

>> On 11:03 AM ducasse wrote:
>>
>>>  > Squeak has Monticello for this, I can live without it as I'm
>>>  > developing alone. From the list I get the impression that it doesn't
>>>  > scale well, the people preparing the next image seem to have serious
>>>  > performance problems.
>>>

>>>  Even for my one person project I cannot live without MC. And it is
>>

>> scaling well (even if has some speed problems and missing atomic
>> load) but managing Squeak with MC is not a simple project, but we are
>> making it real :)
>>
>> I agree. Monticello is a great tool even for one person
>

> How does one use Monticello for gathering arbitrary classes into a
> single Package? Can you do that?

(sorry, hit send prematurely)
Monticello seems to be based only on categories, not classes. That's how
I've used it anyway. How can you add single classes to a package? I
didn't see this in the docs.

And, how can you add a new package of an existing category (or class)? I
couldn't figure that out either.