v39 Team Monthly Report

karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sat Dec 10 10:21:17 UTC 2005

ducasse wrote:

> Hi
>
> Here are the report of the 3.9 "Team" (for now I'm alone, cees joined
> recently). Marcus may join again but I would prefer that he works on
> the compiler and the method annotation integration.
>
> We have been integrating the ToolBuilder release and we will need help
> so really be able to remove the standard one.
>
> We are alpha testing the traits introduction. You can give a try
> by taking the 6705 image (it is ***not*** public yet) since we wanted
> to have some feedback before people start to complain.
>
> After I will slowly harvest the pendings items. If you want to help
> contact me.

I can do some stuff but I want a short introduction to how to do it. :-)

> Then I will also ask the team member to push their new version of
> packages to me and build new images.
>
> Basically the current process is that we do not look at any fixes that
> belong to a package supervized by a team (even single person team).
> The current packages we do not look at are:
>     Andreas is taking care of Graphics, Balloon, Compression
>     Cees File
>     Juan Morphic
>     Goran Network
>
> I asked to have a webpage on www.squeak.org that would list all the
> owned packages and the responsible for that package so that people can
> contact him. The answer was totally unclear. So this is important that
> we get that page.

There is a team page at http://www.squeak.org/Community/Teams/.
Do you think of something else than this ?

> We were discussing via the squeakfoundation how to help the process and
> harvesting. My suggestion was that we should pay someone with the money
> of the foundation to improve SqueakSource because now the inbox does
> not work, it starts to be the mess and harvest. I contacted
> Ned, Colin but they are too busy. Lukas too. :(
>
> This is really important that we find a way to bootstrap there:
> that people see that the foundation is doing something good for
> everybody and that we can pay people helping and making progress.

I think some parts of the process are a bit unclear and that makes it
hard to contribute.

> Adrian and lukas are too busy to work on SqS, so adrian proposed that
> Philippe one guy of his company works on it and merge/improve all the
> extensions that have been made to SqS, so that we can all work with it.

Thanks for all the nice work you do Stef.
Karl