Squeak web browser

David Faught dave_faught at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 10 15:41:04 UTC 2005

I am a little disillusioned after looking a bit further into getting
Jon Hyland's MediaView web browser to work in main branch Squeak.  It
seems that the MediaView browser has an unusual approach to varying
content type handling, or MIME handling.  It trys to intuit the content
type from the URL string instead of actually fetching the content and
looking at its MIME content type.

Since this is pretty much at the core of the browser, now I am possibly
faced with trying to make a Frankenstein's monster from parts of
Scamper and MediaView.  This seems to be a pretty formidable task
because all of the rendering and event handling for these two is
different.  I suppose that having the correct lines marked out for the
scalpel could make all the difference.  Or maybe not ...