How do I "deSIXX" a project?

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Dec 11 09:30:16 UTC 2005

Jim Rosenberg puso en su mail :

> Once upon a time I played with SIXX. I don't remember what the sticking
> point was, but it didn't become anything that I use all the time (though I
> would like to go back get up to speed on this!). In fact, SIXX has pretty
> much disappeared from my Squeak radar screen in terms of what I'm doing
> from day to day. I have a group of projects I'm trying to move from Squeak
> 3.6 to 3.8. Most of them are now working fine, but I have just *ONE* that
> has some stray reference to SIXX based on something I did once upon a time
> that I've now forgotten about. If I load SIXX into Squeak 3.8, the project
> loads, so if I have to I can simply do that, but I'd like to cut loose from
> the SIXX dependency until I really get up to speed on SIXX and decide I
> really need it.
>
> So how do I get rid of this dependency. When I just try loading the project
> into Squeak 3.8, without doing anything about SIXX, I get a walkback saying
>
> Error: Global "SixxMockClassForUnitTest" not found
>
> I've tried deleting all instances of all the SIXX classes -- this doesn't
> help.
>
> I tried removing the SIXX classes from the 3.6 image. This produced no
> error message, but when I tried to save the project I got a PopUpMenu
> inform message "extra associations". Then when I said OK I got a walkback
> saying
>
> Error: Trying to write out, AnObsoleteSixxXmlUtil
>
> So, it appears I have a "stray association" that I would like to purge. Any
> words of wisdom out there on how to do this?
>
> -Thanks, Jim
Jim:

Here what I could try in your situation.
1) Go to 3.6 image and fileOut only SixxMockClassForUnitTest
2) Filein en 3.8 in a new changeset
3) See if the old project loads

If you are lucky and all work

4) On 3.8 go to SixxMockClassForUnitTest and see where its referenced, get
rid of them
5) Remove SixxMockClassForUnitTest
6) Load the atached and do SmalltalkImage fixObsoleteReferences

Good luck with upgrading

Edgar