Squeak 3.9a is on fire!

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Mon Dec 12 09:52:11 UTC 2005

Cees De Groot wrote:
> So, that'll catch your attention :-)
>
> Being almost fanatic about the importance of feedback in processes, I
> decided to spend a couple of nights creating a feedback system on
> v3.9a (the code is, by the way, usable for other projects as well). It
> is loosely inspired on Mozilla's Tinderbox.
>
> I have whipped up something presentable - on each run, it will upgrade
> a 3.9a image from the latest stuff in the inbox and 3.9a repositories,
> run all tests, and store the outcome: which packages where in the
> image, which one where marked "dirty" by Monticello, and how the tests
> faired. The results are on a webpage, colored red, orange, yellow or
> green, and you can see what packages didn't load well and what tests
> gave problems.

> Code: http://de-1.tric.nl/~cg/mc (SqueaksOnFire)
> Blog: http://www.cdegroot.com/blog/2005/12/11/squeaks-on-fire/

Cool, Cees !

> As you can see, Squeak's on Fire - there are two minor load problems,
> but I guess the 3.9a team will pick it up, but worse is that lots of
> tests aren't passing. In order to get a grip on quality, I think we
> need to get to "all green" as soon as possible and then try to add to
> the test suite to prevent regressions.

I put a package with more tests on Collection in the 3.9 inbox :
http://source.squeakfoundation.org/inbox/CollectionsTests-zz.11.mcz

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##