[ANN] SqueakSource Server image

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Thu Dec 15 23:06:35 UTC 2005

Am 15.12.2005 um 23:38 schrieb Lukas Renggli:

>> Hmm, my implementation does not require a separate settings class
>> that you need to override per code, but simply uses properties of the
>> repository itself. There is a web interface using the cool Mewa
>> metaobjects (see attached screenshot). This has at least two
>> advantages: the settings are easily changed without having to vnc
>> into the server image and changing code, and they are automatically
>> saved when a snapshot is made of the repository.
>
> That sounds interesting, however in my opinion there are some things
> missing, such as the logo and the title of the SqueakSource instance,
> else my configuration class does provide basically the same.

Ah, yes, that's still missing.

> What is
> more I cleaned up the startUp/shutDown behaviour, so that it
> automatically registers and loads the latest model automatically.

I thought mine did that, too,  but maybe I misunderstand. I'll need
to look at your code.

>> I merged your latest into the impara branch, and started from there.
>
> Mhh, I just crashed your image :-/ When merging the latest changes
> there is an infinite recursion introduced into the GroupView report, I
> think you should replace the code in there to directly access the
> variable 'report'.

Ah. And I wondered what I had done ... Some one should get a clue
stick to Philippe ;-)

report
	^self report

is a bad idea. My method was perfectly fine ... Ok, fixed now.

- Bert -