PIER Questions

j thej at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 16 07:09:14 UTC 2005

I am replacing my SmallWiki2 server with Pier and have a few
questions about running it.

First of all I have a fresh 3.9a 6705 image with everything installed
and working.

During the install I was asked to define a name for the Pier Kernel.
So I did. Now that I know that that is the title name for the site, I
want to change it. I went into the seaside config area (/seaside/
config/) clicked configure for Pier and Clear on the Kernel line.
That just changed it to None. So How do I actually change the Kernel
name?

The Session expiry is defaulted to 600 seconds. Is there any way to
have it auto save a page being edited once the time runs out. I have
lost more data due to expiring pages than due to hard drive failures.

Any chance Pier will gain the feature to do polls?

Is their a web site specific to Pier?

Thanks!

Jason Hogue