PIER Questions

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 08:42:41 UTC 2005

> PRKernel reset. "Remove the kernel"
> PRSeasideFrame initialize. "Create a new kernel with a new name"

Hehe, but this removes all your existing kernels, just to change one
of its names is also possible ;-) Inspect the collection "PRKernel
instances", double click on the desired kernel (this is probably just
one), and edit the variable 'name', everything within the inspector.

If you only want to change the title of the site this is even simpler.
Open up your web-browser, browse to 'Environment', then 'Header', hit
'Settings' and change the title field from '%k' (the name of the
current *k*ernel) to something else.

> > The Session expiry is defaulted to 600 seconds. Is there any way to
> > have it auto save a page being edited once the time runs out. I have
> > lost more data due to expiring pages than due to hard drive failures.
>
> Not now I think. I don't know if it is currently possible with Seaside.

We could do something like they do in Gmail  using AJAX, but Damien is
right, there is no other way for Seaside to notify the browser that
there is a session timeout.

> > Is their a web site specific to Pier?
>
> There is a wiki page : http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/smallwiki/smallwiki2

And a mailing list ;-)