NamedProcess, DynamicBindings, KomHttpServer into squeaksource and MC dependency

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Dec 17 16:38:35 UTC 2005

On Dec 16, 2005, at 6:08 PM, Samir Saidani wrote:

> When I add this kind of dependencies, the expected behavior is when
> one loads KomHttpServer, MC will look for DynamicBindings/NamedProcess
> squeaksource repository and load it from their repositories. But it
> seems that MC saves DynamicBindings and NamedProcess into the same
> repository than KomHttpServer, which is redundant. Do I miss something
> or is it a feature to add ? Moreover for one package, its loading
> depends on the image version, so it would be probably interesting to
> add conditional dependencies.

It's probably not a good idea to use Monticello dependencies for
this. The links between Kom and DynamicBindings or NamedProcess are
fairly loose, and it doesn't matter that the exactly correct version
be present. So for deploying these packages for use with, for
example, Seaside, I'd say this is a missing feature of SqueakMap.

For development, I think MonticelloConfigurations would serve you
pretty well.

Colin