Problems with Squeak 3.8

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Wed Dec 21 21:36:59 UTC 2005

Hi!

Ralph Boland <rpboland at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get Squeak 3.8 running on a linux system and
> am having problems.
>
> 1)  I have been able to install some packages using the
>      SqueakMap package loader but have not been able
>      to install:
>                      'Refactory Browser for 3.8 (->3.8.42)

[SNIP]

This is fixed - it was a bad server side cache content and checksum.
There may be others - I should try to look it through, but no time right
now. If anyone notices any other package behaving badly - email me. Open
a transcript and try to install - if it says "bad checksum" and "falling
back on server cache" etc, and it then fails - then it is probably the
same issue.

You can verify that the file is barfed by selecting the release, do
"browse cache" and then look at the file - in the above case the
contents was a HTTP error page. If it is a valid .mcz then you should be
able to open it in the zip viewer.

regards, Göran