[Swiki] Help requested

Peace Jerome peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 04:49:12 UTC 2005

The squeak swiki at gatech states on its improvement
page:

>Since no one is directly responsible for checking
this page and following up, if you have a serious
suggestion for a major change to the Swiki, probably
your best bet is to post a suggestion to the *Squeak
Mailing List*.

And enforces it by asking for a password. I think a
reference to that exists somewhere on the list but I
couldn't think of it when asked and what I wanted to
do was request an improvement. So here goes...

Request:
On the changes page.

Give an intermediate option for the number of changes
displayed.

The current changes page shows just a weeks worth of
changes.
The option to show full changes gives you four years
worth maybe more .
Rendering all that data takes a fairly boring long
time.
Even pressing the stop button once you are bored
waiting is too late.
It still takes a long time from that point to finish.

The point is I may only want to see a month or a
season or a years worth of the change file.
Something intermediate and/or heirarchical will make
the page more useful.

Thanks for your help.

Yours in service, -- Jerome Peace

P.S. Is there a swiki catagory on mantis or anyone
following mantis for swiki bugs?