squeak & support for video?

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Wed Dec 28 12:22:39 UTC 2005

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 00:12:10 -0500, polishook at optonline.net wrote:

> what's the [current] status of squeak and video support? - input, output, display, etc  .... r there future plans
> for squeak and video?

I recently hooked Squeak up to Framecap
(http://www.robin-hewitt.com/framecap/) using FFI, and can pull frames from
my webcam into Squeak... The code to do it is pretty simple, although to
translate from their image format to Form would probably be better done in
a PlugIn...

I've attached the class, which is just a basic interface to the DLL from
Framecap, and a helper method to extract the frame and do the conversion.

Later,
Jon

           http://www.huv.com