Mission for Squeak Foundation

Andrew Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Wed Dec 28 23:35:24 UTC 2005

Indeed.

The problem is not really the possibility or risk of fundamental flaw
in the license, but an ideological opposition to things not GPL or
conforming to certain notions of "free."  While I am sympathetic to
many of those positions, the proposition a lawyer should be engaged
perform a "risk analysis" for prospective users, as though there
actually were such a thing,  by any person other than the prospective
user, is silly.

It appears that there is no ambiguity as to the meaning of Squeak-L,
it pretty much means what it says.  The dispute seems, rather to be
whether it should say what it says.  It is what it is, and pretty
much has to be unless and until we rebuild it from the bottom up or
get it relicensed all of its contributors.  The longer we wait, the
harder that will be for everyone.

Or maybe the lack of commitment to such a project indicates there
really  isn't that much need to change it?