[ANN] SmallLint Failure Model

John Brant brant at refactory.com
Thu Dec 29 15:47:49 UTC 2005

Hernan Wilkinson wrote:

>     I uploaded to Squeak Map a package to deal with the SmallLint
> failures. The package name is: Small Lint Failure
> <http://map.squeak.org/accountbyid/ce6957eb-c5ff-4a6e-a575-a1467238905e/package/25c17dc0-bf31-4215-8ba9-bf0df8157449>
>     The idea of this module is to declare smalllint failures as
> expected, so when SmallLint is run again, the expected failures will not
> appear.

While I'm not familiar with the Squeak version, Smalllint does have the
ability to ignore failures. The BasicLintRule class has a class variable
FilterDictionary that contains a dictionary mapping the lint rule name
to a BrowserEnvironment of methods/classes to ignore. In the VW, VA, &
Dolphin versions, there are filter menu options that display when you
are viewing the lint rule results. There are also options to save/load
the filters to files. I'm guessing that Squeak is just missing this menu
options that expose the functionality.

John Brant