(Q) Quick question re Morph layout

Rick McGeer rick at mcgeer.com
Sat Dec 31 19:17:44 UTC 2005

I have a simple layout problem, but pawing through the code and the
tutorials isn't yielding an answer.

I want to lay out an array of rectangular Morphs in a two dimensional
array inside a fixed size scrolling morph which fits as a panel in a
larger morph.  I tried subclassing a ScrollPane as the outer morph,
and found it wasn't initializing properly (even though I called super
initialize.  Then I tried throwing a ScrollPane into a RectangleMorph
and using TableLayout with the  settings from the row prototype, and
found the outer morph had a mismatched size with the children.

Any pointers to relevant tutorials, code, etc. helpful.  I don't
suppose there is a good Morphic book anywhere that describes the API?