[BUG] [FIX] Incremental programming in the debugger ([closed] Mantis ID 1872)

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 31 21:42:05 UTC 2005

On December 28, 2005 06:16, Diego Gomez Deck wrote:
> Who has the keys to publish this fix into 3.8 update stream?

Diego, in absence of other answer, let me describe my understanding, hopefully
I will not mislead. There are 2 steps:

Step1: Any [BUG], [FIX] and [ENH] reported on the squeak-dev list (here), is
collected and, unless and equivalent exists, transfered to the Mantis
database at http://bugs.impara.de by the janitors team (of which I am a
member, but all such work since the summer has been done by the team leader
Ken Causey). Ken reported an equivalent of your fix is already on Mantis, if
it does not satisfy your needs, please feel free to get in touch with Ken or
report directly to Mantis.

Step2: Once the fix is in in the Mantis database, it is collected by the
harvesters to evaluate and put into the update streams (this is probably
changing currently so the Teams will have ability to harvest). However, as
far as I know, only harvesting into 3.9 is currently hapenning, as noone had
the need, and/or time to start incorporating fixes into 3.8.

So to "half-answer" your question, in my understanding, one potential way to
publish your fixes to 3.8 is to become the (only) 3.8 harvestor and harvest
your change. I do not know who to contact to achieve "becoming an 3.8
harvestor", perhaps someone from the Squeak Foundation Board
http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/SqueakFoundation
http://www.squeak.org/Community/Organization/ could clarify.

Milan