[ANN] Squeak VM sources have moved!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Feb 1 21:55:38 UTC 2005

Hi all!

For you who follow the SF Squeak-VM mailinglist this isn't a surprise.
The source in CVS at SourceForge is not up to date and hasn't been for
quite a while.

But the good news is that Ian and Co. have set up a Subversion
repository with the fresh sources. This SVN (Subversion) repository is
located here:

	http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/trunk/platforms

And if you install Subversion you should be able to just:

	svn co http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/trunk/platforms

...to check it out anonymously. Subversion is a "CVS improved" and has
lately moved to fill the shoes of CVS. The fact that the repository is
located on a HP server has natural reasons - Ian Piumarta and Andreas
Raab (and other VM devs?) have fast access to that server which makes it
convenient for them - which is of course important.

We are going to set up a mirror of this repository on the new SqF server
though. We just need to learn how! :) Sidenote: If someone already knows
how to do SVN mirroring, feel free to help us out.

regards, Göran

PS. We are going to leave SF as soon as we have all things nailed down.
For example, we need to move the file downloads to the SqF server and
set up one or two mirrors.